So you want to use social to grow your business and your brand, but you don’t know where to start? A good place to begin is to adopt the 5P’s. These are 5 things to keep in mind when using social with business growth in mind.
- Be Professional
- While you should maintain authenticity and have fun on social, keep in mind you are building your brand and running a business. So, for you, social media is a place where you should conduct yourself in a professional manner. This is not the place to engage in heated political debates, post about controversial topics, show your wild side, or use questionable language. Have fun, showcase your life, but keep it clean.
- Provide Value
- Give people a reason to follow you. Why should be people be interested to click on your Instagram story for the day? Always make sure that you are providing some type of value for your followers. Whether it’s a quick health tip, a funny story, and authentic honest moment, a beauty hack, or even a motivational chat—make sure that what you bring to the table—is unique to you and makes people want to come back for more.
- Post Regularly
- If you want to grow your social and build your presence there, you have to post regularly. If you only posted once a week, with the amount of social that is posted every day, your content will get buried and people will not keep you top of mind. You want to make sure you have something to say most days (if not every day!). So, plan out your content, and then hop on Instagram Stories for more off the cuff content each day.
- Connect with People
- At the end of the day—social is where you can connect with people. Yes, your feed should look pretty, and you should showcase yourself and your brand in a polished way, but people want REAL. So, know your audience. Know what makes them tick and what they want to hear about. Tell real stories, be honest, make people feel connected to you. And make sure to respond and engage. Ask questions…and respond! Build those one to one relationships. Your message is going out to hundreds, even thousands, but your responses are to one person—and that’s powerful.
- Be Positive
- Bring the light to someone’s feed. Post content that is uplifting, makes people feel good, gives them hope, or makes them laugh. It doesn’t all have to be so serious! Have some fun on social and your followers will have fun with you.
Now take these tips and keep building that social presence. It will pay of