Our Dream 2020 Trip incentive trip travels to Costa Rica! Famous for its natural rainforests and exotic wildlife, Costa Rica has become the number one destination in the world for eco-tourism.
When you earn this incredible trip, you’ll earn a six-day, five-night stay at the Dreams Las Mareas Resort – a first time destination for the Shaklee Family.
Surrounded by lush tropical beauty, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is an all-inclusive resort where guests of all ages will enjoy watersports, land activities, and kid-friendly fun as well as fine dining, live nightly entertainment and so much more!
Whether you want to soak up the sun on pristine beaches, hike up volcanoes or experience exotic wildlife in ancient forests, the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica boasts all of this and more.
While in Costa Rica, the Shaklee Family will enjoy the luxurious hospitality of Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica — a vibrant tropical getaway for people of all ages.
Located on an expansive palm-studded beach and surrounded by lush green mountains and jungles on Playa El Jobo, you will enjoy an action–packed vacation featuring watersports, land activities, and swimming pools while sunbathing or laying under a thatched palapa. Continue the fun into the evenings with live nightly entertainment, outdoor bars and lounges, and so much more.
At Dreams Las Mareas you can do as much or as little as you want. During your stay, here are just a few of the opportunities for fun, sun and enrichment you can enjoy.
Cooking and cocktail classes
Deep sea fishing*
Big screen movies
Theme nights and parties
Local wildlife watching
Introductory scuba lesson in the pool
Non-motorized water sports
Click here to learn more about Dreams Las Mareas – Costa Rica. (External Link)
*For an additional fee.
Trip Qualification Period:
Qualification for this trip has now closed.
May 4-9, 2020
There are 4 ways to earn points while growing your business
- Sponsoring with Qualifying Purchase
- New Rank Advancement
- PGV+ Growth over base
- Developing Depth (QOV Growth)
- 200 points earns you a trip for 1 person
- 300 points earns you a trip for 2 people (in one room)
- 600 points earns you a trip for 2 people (in one room) + $1,500 in Cash
You don’t have worry about keeping track of your own points. Visit your Incentive trackers to see your point total, your targets, and your breakdown of points toward earning this amazing trip!
How to Qualify:
In addition to accumulating the required points:
- You must have at least 50 points in the Sponsoring Category, at least 10 of which are for Personal Sponsoring.
- You must be a Paid As Coordinator or higher for at least four consecutive months within the Qualification Period.
- Once that requirement is met, your Paid As Rank may not fall below Senior Director in any month (except that you may have one Volume Grace Month or waiver) for the remainder of the Qualification Period and all succeeding months through March 2020.
A maximum of 100 Sponsoring Category Points may be counted toward trip qualification. Any Sponsoring Points carried over from the prior Qualification Period are included in the total Sponsoring Points in determining the 100-point limit.
How to Earn Points
You can earn points in four different categories tied to the growth and development of your business: Sponsoring, Rank Advancement, PGV+ Growth and Developing Depth (QOV Growth).
Earn points for new people you sponsor with a qualifying product purchase. The more you sponsor new Preferred Members and Distributors– and the more you work with and motivate them to reach the purchase levels below – the more points you can earn[i]:
|Sponsor a New Distributor with 3 Success Packs or the "I Want It All" Pack||15|
|Sponsor a New Distributor with 2 Success Packs||10|
|Sponsor a New Distributor with 1 Success Pack||5|
|Sponsor A New Preferred Member or Distributor with a Prove It Challenge||4|
|Sponsor a New Preferred Member or Distributor with 100PV or more||2|
|Sponsor a New Preferred Member or Distributor with 50 - 99PV or more||1|
Preferred Member or Distributor Sponsoring
Sponsoring Points will be awarded for Member and Distributor sponsoring as each purchase level is reached before the end of their first full calendar month from their join date. The total points awarded will be for the highest purchase levels reached. Points must be earned by December 31, 2019 in order to count for the January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 Qualification Period.
Example 1: Business Leader Ellen sponsors new Preferred Member Mary on September 1, 2019. Mary places a 50 PV order on her join order. Ellen earns 1 point. Mary places another order of 100 PV on October 1, 2019. Ellen earns an additional 1 point, for a total of 2 points.
Example 2: Business Leader Frank sponsors a new Preferred Member Murray on September 15, 2019. Murray joins with a 200 PV order on September 15, 2019. Frank earns 2 points. Murray decides to upgrade to a Distributor with a Distributor Welcome Pack and purchases one Success Pack on October 1, 2019. Frank earns 5 more points.
Example 3: Raquel joins as a Preferred Member on January 2, 2019 with the purchase of $150 order. Her Original Sponsor Tommy earns 2 Sponsoring points. On February 28, 2019 Raquel realizes that she wants to share Shaklee products with others so she upgrades to a Distributor by paying the $29.95 upgrade fee and purchases 2 discounted Success Packs. Tommy earns an additional 10 Sponsoring points for a total of 12 Sponsoring points for Raquel’s purchases.
Example 4: Alena becomes a Distributor by joining with a Distributor Welcome Pack and two Success Packs. Her Original Sponsor Sarah earns 10 Sponsoring points. Alena purchases one additional Success Pack a month later. Sarah earns another 5 Sponsoring Points, for a total of 15 points.
Example 5: Janine purchases a Prove It Challenge™ and the Distributor Welcome Pack. Her Original Sponsor Michele earns 4 Sponsoring points. Janine purchases one Success Pack 60 days after her join date. No additional points will be rewarded.
Personal and Group Sponsoring Points
The Original Sponsor of the new Preferred Member or Distributor is awarded the Personal Sponsoring points. If the Original Sponsor is not a Business Leader at the time the points are awarded, then Group Sponsoring Points will be awarded to each Preferred Member or Distributor upline until a Business Leader is reached[I]. For purposes of awarding points upline, the chain of Original Sponsors will be used (i.e., Original Sponsor of Original Sponsor, Original Sponsor of Original Sponsor of Original Sponsor, and so forth as applicable).
Example 1: Business Leader Matt sponsors Distributor Drew, who sponsors Distributor Kevin. (Matt is the Original Sponsor of Drew and Drew is the Original Sponsor of Kevin.) Kevin purchases one Success Pack when he joins Shaklee. Drew receives 5 Personal Sponsoring Points and Matt receives 5 Group Sponsoring Points.
Example 2: Continuing the example above, Business Leader Matt sponsors Distributor Chris, who purchases two Success Packs, and places him under Kevin. Chris’s Original Sponsor is Matt. Matt receives 10 Personal Sponsoring Points. Neither Drew nor Kevin receives Sponsoring Points for Chris.
Sponsoring Point Carryover
For those who became Distributors during the January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 Qualification Period and who did not fully qualify for the 2020 Dream Incentive Trip, Sponsoring Points earned from September 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019 may be carried over to the January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 Qualification Period if we have similar qualifications.
Rank Advancement Category
To earn Rank Advancement Points, you must achieve the new Paid As Rank and maintain for 3 additional consecutive months (for a total of four consecutive months)[ii], without personal use of Volume Grace Months or waivers.
New rank is determined according to the Five-Year Rule, meaning that the rank achieved must meet one of the following criteria:
- A first-time, never before achieved rank, or
- A Paid As Rank that was held only prior to January 2014 PV month, or
- A Paid As Rank that was held for less than four consecutive months from January 2014 through December 2018. (A month in which a Volume Grace Month or waiver was used does not count as a month in which Director rank was held.)
Example 1: Associate Alan promoted to Director in January 2014 and met all requirements of rank in February and March 2014. In April and May of 2014, Alan took Volume Grace Months and in June 2014, Alan was retitled to Associate. Alan’s base rank is Distributor. When he achieves and holds the rank of Director he will earn Rank Advancement Points.
Example 2: Associate Annie promoted to Director in March 2014 and promoted to Senior Director in April. She maintained as a Senior Director in April, May, and June, but lost her First Generation Leader in July, when she also took a Volume Grace Month. After taking Volume Grace Months in July and August, she was retitled to Associate in September 2014. Annie’s base rank is Director. (She was a Paid As Senior Director for only three consecutive months but was a Paid As Director or higher for four consecutive months – March, April, May and June.) When Annie achieves and holds the rank of Senior Director she will earn Rank Advancement Points.
Rank Advancement Points
[i] Although a Preferred Member may accumulate points, they must become a Distributor or higher in order to earn incentive trips or recognition as specified in the requirements for each of those programs.
[ii] For the ranks of Key Coordinator and higher, you must meet the requirements of the rank and hold for two additional consecutive months (total of three consecutive months) before promotion to the appointed title occurs. For purposes of this section and the Car Program section, the first month that you meet the requirements to be paid at that rank is the month that your qualification begins. For example, you meet all requirements for the Key Coordinator rank and are paid as a Key Coordinator in March 2019 PV month. You continue to meet the requirements for the Key Coordinator rank in April, May and June PV months. You are promoted to Key Coordinator in May PV month. You earn your Rank Advancement Points for Key Coordinator in June PV month.
[iii] The Five-Year Rule as defined here supersedes the definition in the P&R.
|New Rank Achieved||Points|
|Senior Executive Coordinator||145|
|Senior Key Coordinator||210|
|Senior Master Coordinator||275|
|Presidential Master Coordinator||300|
Rank Advancement Points will be awarded only once for any given rank, and will be awarded at the conclusion of the maintenance period. Points must be earned by December 2019 PV month in order to count for the January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 Qualification Period. New Rank Points expire at the end of the Qualification Period and cannot be carried over to the next Qualification Period or incentive trip.
Example 1: Business Leader Karen promotes to Senior Coordinator in May 2019 PV month. She must maintain as a Paid As Senior Coordinator or higher in each of June 2019, July 2019 and August 2019 PV months and then will be awarded 90 points. The 90 points count for the January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 Qualification Period.
Example 2: Business Leader Kevin achieves Paid As Key Coordinator in December 2018 PV month. He must maintain as a Paid As Key Coordinator or higher in each of January, February and March 2019 PV months and then will be awarded 180 points. The 180 points count for the January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 Qualification Period.
PGV+ Growth Category
Grow your PGV+ over your base by at least 12,000 to begin qualifying for points in this category. PGV+ is the total of your Personal Group Volume (PGV) during the Qualification Period, plus the PGV of each of your First Generation Leaders during the Qualification Period. PGV includes your PGV and the PGV of all new Business Leaders in the month of breakout. Only the PGV of First Generation Leaders within the US and Canada will count. First Generation Leaders who roll up to you during the Qualification Period do not count unless they were a First Generation Leader of yours in at least one month during the Base Period.
You earn PGV+ Points according to the increase over your Base:
|Increase Over Base||Points Awarded||Total Cumulative Points|
Points are cumulative, so if you increase 72,000 PGV+ over your Base you will accumulate 600 total points in this category. Points will be awarded in the PV month in which they are earned along the way.
Your personalized adjusted monthly PGV+ targets for each point threshold can be found on your Dream Tracker.
Your cumulative PGV+ Base is the greater of:
- The total of your PGV for each month from January 2018 through December 2018 PV Months, plus the PGV for each month from January 2018 through December 2018 PV Months for each First Generation Leader you held (if any), or
Example 1: Business Leader Alan had 3000 PGV each month during the Base Period. He had no First Generation Leaders in December. His PGV+ Base is 36,000.
Example 2: Business Leader Charlie had 5000 PGV each month during the Base Period. He had one First Generation Leader, Betty, in 2018. Betty promoted in July 2018 and had 2000 PGV each month from July – November 2018, but she took a VGM in December 2018 with 1000 PGV. She had no volume prior to July.
- Charlie’s PGV+ Base is 71,000
- Betty’s PGV+ Base is 24,000
First Generation Leaders Who Count for PGV+
During the Qualification Period, the PGV of any First Generation Leader who meets any of the following criteria will count toward your PGV+:
- The First Generation Leader was a First Generation Leader of yours in any PV month during the Base Period (January – December 2018).
- The First Generation Leader is a new Business Leader who promoted during the Qualification Period.
- The First Generation Leader is a reinstated Business Leader who promoted during the Qualification Period and who was not a Business Leader in any month during the Base Period.
See Appendix for PGV+ Examples
Depth Development Category (QOV Growth)
Depth Development (QOV Growth) points are available every month you hold the Paid As rank of Coordinator or above. You can earn points by achieving a set QOV growth target of 2000 QOV, 4000 QOV or 6000+ QOV above your average 2018 monthly QOV base (January – December 2018).
You earn Depth Development (QOV Growth) Points each month you increase over your base:
|Monthly Points||Monthly QOV above base|
|5 Points||2000 QOV|
|15 Points||4000 QOV|
|25 Points||6000 QOV|
Points are earned monthly, so if you increase your monthly QOV by 4000 each month you will accumulate 180 points in this category.
Your personalized monthly QOV targets can be found on your Dream Tracker.
Your base is the greater of:
- Your average monthly QOV between January – December 2018, or
- 5000 QOV
Example 1: Business Leader Heather had a cumulative QOV total between January – December 2018 of 72,000. Her average monthly QOV base is 6000. Every month she has at least 8,000 QOV she will earn points in this category.
Example 2: Susan hit the rank of Coordinator for the first time in August of 2019. Her QOV monthly base will be set at 5000. She is eligible to earn points in this category every month that she holds the Paid As rank of Coordinator or above.
What is QOV?
QOV[i] is Qualified Organizational Volume and it consists of all Organizational Volume outside your largest leg.
Points may be earned from Promotions or Incentives offered during the Qualification Period (such as a PGV+ Challenge). The Promotion rules will specify how these points will be earned and how they will be displayed on your tracker in this category.
Purchase/Sale, Survivorship, Combined Distributorships
If a business is transferred due to Survivorship or to a Purchase/Sale transaction, the Company will adjust the transferee’s base Rank, base PGV+ and QOV Growth base, so that they are the same as those held by the transferor. Points earned by the transferor in those categories prior to the transfer will be reassigned to the transferee. The transferee will forfeit any prior points earned.
In the case of the formation or dissolution of a Combined Distributorship, the Company will adjust bases and points on a case by case basis.
Additional Requirements (for ALL Qualifiers)
- If you achieve enough trip points to qualify, but the remaining maintenance requirements are not fully met, Shaklee reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Trip and/or to charge your account for costs incurred on your behalf.
- In all cases, at least one attendee must be on Shaklee records as a member of the qualifying distributorship. As long as one attendee is on Shaklee records as a member of the qualifying distributorship, they may bring whomever they would like as an additional attendee(s) to accompany them on the trip. If for any reason nobody from the qualifying distributorship attends, Shaklee reserves the right to charge back any nonrefundable trip expenses incurred by Shaklee on behalf of the distributorship.
- Trip awards are non-transferrable and must be taken in the year earned. Qualifiers will be emailed registration information at the end of the Qualification Period that includes event registration deadlines. If you are unable to register and book your airfare by the deadline, you may incur additional costs and/or be unable to attend this event.
- Shaklee provides round-trip coach air transportation from an airport near your hometown (the mailing address on file with Shaklee). Attendees are responsible for paying any additional airfare if they embark from another location.
- A Business Leader who qualifies for the trip will be rewarded with the highest milestone earned. The highest reward you can earn is a trip for two in one room + $1,500 Cash. If you qualified for the $1,500 and maintain the rank of SRDIR or above (except that you may have one Volume Grace Month or waiver) through March PV month the $1,500 will be added to your March PV month bonus check. There are no restrictions on how the $1,500 is spent but you are required to have at least one person from your distributorship register and attend the Dream Incentive Trip.
- The 2020 Dream Incentive trip includes roundtrip air transportation, group transfers to/from the airport in Costa Rica on set arrival and departure dates, 5 nights at the Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica all-inclusive property (including meals & beverages) and hotel gratuities.
Leadership Qualification for Keys and Above
Eligible Key Coordinators and higher may qualify for the Dream Trip under the alternate Leadership Qualifications in lieu of qualifying by points.
Eligible Key Coordinators and Higher
To be eligible to qualify using the Leadership Qualifications, you must have been a Paid As Key Coordinator or higher in at least four PV months from January – December 2018, not necessarily consecutive.
In addition, you must be a Paid As Key Coordinator or higher for 4 months during the Qualification Period (January – December 2019). Once that requirement is met, your Paid As Rank may not fall below Executive Coordinator for the remainder of the Qualification Period and all succeeding months through the month prior to the trip.
You must meet all of the following criteria to qualify:
- Have at least three Business Leaders in your downline (within six generations), down to and including the next eligible Key Coordinator or higher (but not their downline), who have fully qualified for the Dream Trip.
- Fully qualified means that they have at least 200 incentive points, including at least 50 Sponsoring Points of which at least 10 are for Personal Sponsoring, and have been a Paid As Coordinator or higher for at least four consecutive months during the Qualification Period. Remember, once those qualifications have been met they cannot fall below Senior Director through March 2020.
- See the Share the Dream Challenge section to see how Level Up to Costa Rica qualifiers can help you qualify.
- You must have 50 Sponsoring Points, at least 10 of which are for Personal Sponsoring.
Keep in mind the highest reward you can earn for the Dream Incentive Trip is 2 people in one room. If you qualify via the Leadership Category and you qualify with 600+ points you will receive the highest reward possible which is 2 people in one room + $1,500. One member of the distributorship must register for and attend the Dream Trip in order for the distributorship to receive the $1,500 cash.
[i] QOV (Qualified Organizational Volume) consists of all your Organizational Volume minus the entire Organization Volume of your largest leg in a given month. Your largest leg can change from one month to the next depending on each leg’s OV at the business close of the month.
[I] A maximum of 100 Sponsoring Category Points, including Sponsoring Carryover Points and Success Bonus Sponsoring Points, counts toward the Dream Trip.
[II] Although a Member/Preferred Member may accumulate points, they must become a Distributor or higher in order to earn incentive trips or recognition as specified in the requirements for each of those programs.
[III] For the ranks of Key Coordinator and higher, you must meet the requirements of the rank and hold for two additional consecutive months (total of three consecutive months) before promotion to the appointed title occurs. For purposes of this section and the Car Program section , the first month that you meet the requirements to be paid at that rank is the month that your qualification begins. For example, you meet all requirements for the Key Coordinator rank and are paid as a Key Coordinator in March 2019 PV month. You continue to meet the requirements for the Key Coordinator rank in April, May and June PV months. You are promoted to Key Coordinator in May PV month. You earn your Rank Advancement Points for Key Coordinator in June PV month.
[IV] The Five-Year Rule as defined here supersedes the definition in the P&R.
[V] QOV (Qualified Organizational Volume) consists of all your Organizational Volume minus the entire Organization Volume of your largest leg in a given month. Your largest leg can change from one month to the next depending on each leg’s OV at the business close of the month.
Incentive Trip Resources
Take advantage of the following resources to learn more about Shaklee incentives and how to earn this amazing trip!
How to Earn
2019/2020 Incentives Booklet