On Top of the World in Rio
Rio de Janeiro shifted to the top of the world for 17 amazing days this month, and standing tall at the largest Games in history were 37 Shaklee Pure Performance Team athletes, all of whom represented their sport, their countries, and the Shaklee Family with dignity and great performances we may never forget.
Sixteen of those Shaklee athletes proudly walked away with medals, and virtually all of them have expressed the same sentiment: “All the hard work and sacrifices were worth it!” The world watched in amazement as these and the nearly 11,000 other polished athletes put on a brilliant show that bespoke power, skill, speed, endurance, and no small amount of exuberance. Simply put, these athletes were the greatest.
Here are the Pure Performance Team members who won medals in Rio:
(Click on each athlete’s name for a link to their official results)
- Corey Cogdell, Trapshooting: BRONZE medal
- Amanda Elmore, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Amanda Polk, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Eleanor Logan, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Emily Regan, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Katelin Snyder, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Kerry Simmonds, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Lauren Schmetterling, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- Meghan Musnicki, Women’s Eight rowing: GOLD medal
- KK Clark, Women’s Water Polo, GOLD medal
- Kami Craig, Women’s Water Polo, GOLD medal
- Kaleigh Gilchrist, Women’s Water Polo, GOLD medal
- Courtney Mathewson, Women’s Water Polo, GOLD medal
- Melissa Seidemann, Women’s Water Polo, GOLD medal
- Chloè Dygert, Team Pursuit cycling: SILVER medal
- Ismael Uscanga, Modern Pentathlon: BRONZE medal
Congratulations to those incredible achievers – the Shaklee Family could not be more proud of you!
We’re no less proud of those who played, fought, swam, ran, jumped, wrestled, and fenced their way to performances that were, in many cases, lifetime bests and incredible accomplishments. These Shaklee athletes may not have grabbed a medal this time around, but they certainly grabbed our hearts as they fought with grit, toughness, and grace.
- Adeline Gray, Wrestling, 67KG class
- Amro Elgeziry, Modern Pentathlon
- Ashley Nee, Kayak
- Courtney Hurley, Epee Fencing
- Donna Vakalis, Modern Pentathlon
- Isabella Isaksen, Modern Pentathlon
- Jason Pryor, Modern Pentathlon
- Jiaqi Zheng, Table Tennis
- Keith Sanderson, Rapid Fire Pistol
- Kelley Hurley, Epee Fencing
- Lily Zhang, Table Tennis
- Maggie Hogan, Canoe
- Margaux Isaksen, Modern Pentathlon
- Martha McCabe, Swimming
- Matt Emmons, Shooting
- Michal Smolen, Kayak
- Morgan Craft, Skeet Shooting
- Nathan Schrimsher, Modern Pentathlon
- Omar Elgeziry, Modern Pentathlon
- Tervel Dlagnev, Wrestling
- Yue Wu, Table Tennis
Of course, the world gravitates toward the quick-glance results, heralding the top performers, record breakers, and medal winners. But each of these incredible athletes has forged an inspirational story that was years in the making.
Each and every one of our Pure Performance Team Members walk on the field with a dream to be the best, and walk off the field with the knowledge that they brought out the spirit of high achievement in all who helped, watched, and cheered. Congratulations to all of you!